Thursday, June 16, 2011

On the Road to Nowhere

We're on a road to nowhere
Come on inside
Takin' that ride to nowhere
We'll take that ride


There's a city in my mind
Come along and take that ride
and it's all right, baby, it's all right


And it's very far away
But it's growing day by day
And it's all right, baby, it's all right


They can tell you what to do
But they'll make a fool of you
And it's all right, baby, it's all right
We're on a road to nowhere


Wow... Somehow I managed to combine lyrics from the Talking Heads, a tour of our woods, and my love of signs into one wild and crazy post! Sometimes it seems that blogging just takes us where it wants us to go.

I started out wanting to share some of the silly signs I've painted over the years to hang along the paths in the woods behind our home. As I was uploading the photos, I couldn't get the song "We're On the Road to Nowhere" out of my head...and it just seemed to fit.

I've had lots of fun with the signpost...I keep adding the names of places that have special meaning for us...it's always a work in progress. And "This Way? That Way?" is just to keep everyone guessing as they walk through the paths.

Maybe I really do have way too much time on my hands when school is out for the summer!


This post is linked to:
Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Hodgepodge Friday at It's A Hodgepodge Life
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cheryl I love your signs and how fun are the tree faces! One of the things about blogging that I love is how it gets our creative juices flowing. hugs, Linda

Betty said...

I love your sign idea. Do you mind if I steal it for my backyard? I think I'll do it for al the places we've lived.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Now those signs are just too cute. I wish I had a big backyard so I could "steal" your idea!!!